Tank Cleaning System
We help solve your problem of cleaning process vessel, reactor, tank etc. ensuring interior cleaning without man entry, at the same time reducing water usage, chemical usage and providing faster turnaround. Safety of human capital is at the core of our design philosophy; our systems are primarily designed to eliminate confined space entry.
We are authorized distributors of Alfa Laval, the tank cleaning machines used in our system are Alfa Laval brands – Gamajet or Toftejorg.
Reactor, Process vessel, Tanks etc. require cleaning when there is
- Change of Product.
- Change of Batch.
- Reaction time increase because of build up of residue on wall surface.
- Change of service.
- Any other parameter as per SOP.
How is cleaning currently done?
- Cleaning manually with brushes and scrubs with entry into the vessel
- Cleaning with water hose.
- Cleaning by Soaking and Boiling with or without chemicals.
- Cleaning with High Pressure Pump by way of jetting manually with or without confined space entry.
- Cleaning using CIP (Clean in Place) system where any kind of manual intervention in the actual cleaning process is eliminated.
We at Tristar are focused on cleaning solutions without man entry in confined spaces, we provide CIP systems which are mobile. A single mobile system can cater to various process equipment’s.
These machines are also known as static spray balls as unlike other cleaning machines they do not move These are simple devices which are in a shape of a ball with multiple holes in them. As wash fluid is pushed through them multiple streams of water equal to the no of holes, hit the wall surface and clean.
These devices clean in spots and heavily rely on cascading flow to do the cleaning. They are mostly useful in easy to clean applications.
Rotary Spray Heads
These machines are also known as rotating spray balls or Spinners. These machines rotate on a single axis using a revolving flat fan spray effect that delivers repeated moderate-level impact to penetrate films and dislodge soils on the walls of the tank.
Alfalaval Rotray Spray Heads ie Toftejorg machines typically provide 30% reduction in water or solvent usage compared to spray ball. These deliver a medium level of impact at 15-40 PSI
Self-cleaning, self-draining and with few parts and no welds. the patent-pending design offers easy installation disassembly and inspection
Rotary Jet Heads Impingement machines
These machines are also known as Rotary Jet Heads or 3D Machines of 360 Degree rotating machines. Alfa Laval rotary impingement tank cleaning devices use patented technology that combine pressure and flow to create high impact cleaning jets. Cleaning occurs where the concentrated stream impacts the surface and also through the tangential force that radiates from that point and blasts contaminants from the surface scouring the tank interior
High-impact cleaning jets are delivered in a precise repeatable and reliable 360° pattern. This combination of impact in a controlled indexing pattem results in an economic ideal because impact is a one-time investment chemicals, temperature and time are continual, never-ending expenditures.
Comparison of Cleaning methodologies
|Particulars||Static Spray Ball. SB||Rotary Spray Head. RSH||Rotary Impingement/ Rotary Jet Head (RJH)|
Cleans in spots (small foot print) Cascading flow (underdeveloped falling film)
Cleans with fans of water covering the area where the Static Spray ball does not hit
Cleans with jets in a 3D pattem. hitting the complete lank surface. internal structure
Easy to clean Application such as
Easy to Clean Applications such as
-small process tanks
Difficult to clean applications
-Large Diameter Tanks
Coverage Max dia of Lank
Upto 3 meters, will require multiple installations
Upto 5 meters will require multiple Installations
Upto 60 meters, may require multiple depending on obstructions in the tank
Gamajet and Toftejorg
Reactor Cleaning Systems
We design and manufacture cleaning systems based on the application. The reactor cleaning systems are designed for cleaning the intemals of the reactor without man entry. The designing and selection of the Rotary Jet Head is based on the following parameters.
- Residue in the reactor to be cleaned
- Size of the nozzle available to insert the Rotary Jet Head.
- Distance to be covered by jet – Diameter and Height.
- Impingement force required to clean the tank internals.
- Obstructions in the reactor – Agitator Coils etc.
- Wash fluid used for cleaning.
Case Study: Glyphosate Reactor Cleaning
Glyphosate was being manufactured in reactors with internal coils. The reactor required to be cleaned after every 8 days Client was cleaning the same by boiling water and agitating it. The process took a shift for cleaning.
- Vessel Downtime – 1 shift of 8 Hours
- Cleaning Performance
- Water Usage
- Tristar Mobile cleaning system designed for the application.
Benefits post implementation of our solution
- Time saving of 5 Hours – Production Cap Increase by 70-90 tonnes.
- Water saving 5 KL per Cleaning.
- Saving in Steam Cost.
CIP Systems For Food Industry
We design customised CIP systems for food applications for cleaning various types of process/mixing vessels. A detailed study of the current cleaning method and Its drawbacks is done along with understanding your requirements from CIP system to be installed. Based on above systems are designed to ensure CIP goals such as elimination of confined space entry, non manual tank cleaning, reduction in cleaning time reduction in chemical usage or reduction in water consumption are met.
Case Study: Cooker Cleaning Systern – Cornflakes and other Breakfast Cereals.
The breakfast cereal manufacturing company used to clean their cookers by a Boll out Process with chemicals. Man entry was required due to nature of residue which was charred, burnt and stuck on to the internal shell. The company wanted to eliminate man entry into the cookers for cleaning.
- Man Entry in confined space
- Fixed CIP System
- Man entry not required.
- Reduction in usage of chemicals due to impingement cleaning from 2% to 0.5%
- Reduction in cleaning time per cooker
Case Study: Jam Manufacturing – Vacuum Pan.
Jam Manufacturer used to clean their Vacuum Pan by chemical process
- Man Entry in confined space
- Time consumption was more
- Fixed CIP System
- Manual Entry in Vacuum pans curtailed
- Cleaning time reduced from 8 hours to 1 hours 30 minutes CIP
- Reduction in Chemical usage
Underground Water Tank Cleaning Systems
A couple of Pharmaceutical companies wanted to eliminate manual entry into their underground water tanks. Typically Underground water tanks are cleaned by manual labour who enter these tanks and manually scrub the walls with sodium hypochlorite solution. 100% coverage is not possible manually and also the consistency of cleaning is also not same
- Man Entry in confined space
- Cleaning performance
- Mobile CIP system capable of cleaning all the water tanks on the facility through recirculation of wash fluid reducing the chemical and water requirement
- Elimination of Man Entry in confined space
- Reduction in cleaning Time
- Reduction in use of Chemicals
Spray Dryer Cleaning System (Spray Jet Cleaning Without Man Entry)
Tristar Spray Dryer cleaning systems are designed to eliminate manual cleaning of spray dryers and reduction in time required for cleaning Multiple spray dryers can be cleaned with a single system. These systems are designed and manufactured based on the product handled size of the spray dryer frequency of cleaning wash fluid to be used for cleaning.
Case Study: Spray Dryer Cleaning System
The company is engaged in spray drying process of multiple Pharmaceutical. Herbal. Food products. They were losing as much as 2 days cleaning the complete Spray Drying System manually when there was a product change.
- Time Consuming-1 to 2 days.
- Manual Cleaning – Efficiency issue
- Single system to clean Chamber Cyclones and Pipeline
- Time Saving of 25 shifts per cleaning
- Water Saving
- Thorough cleaning of chamber
Solvent Cleaning System
We were approached by a paint manufacturing company who were actively looking for a solution to eliminate manual handling of solvents. They were cleaning the paint mixers manually with solvents. This was a major health hazard for the personnel involved in cleaning.
- Manual cleaning with Solvents – Hazardous to personnel.
- Reliability of cleaning, inconsistent.
- Movable solvent cleaning System to clean multiple vessels.
- Personnel not exposed to solvents and vapours during cleaning.
- 100% Coverage
- Recirculation of solvent resulting in reduction of solvent usage
Large Diameter Tank Cleaning System
We are honoured to be associated with many large diameter tank cleaning contractors who have become agents of change Generally these tanks are cleaned manually by erecting a scaffolding in the tank. Personnel enter these tanks and clean them manually by jetting standing on the temporary scaffolding. This is a major health hazard and prone to accidents.
Tristar systems are custom built to enable the contractors to handle tanks of different diameters and cargo.
- Cleaning of Hydrocarbon Tanks.
- Pre Commissioning Cleaning.
- Cleaning of Spheres.
- Cleaning of Oil Tankers.
- Manual Cleaning – Health hazard
- Inconsistent cleaning Roof and other areas are hard to reach
- Highly time consuming
- Portable CIP which can handle multiple cargos and diameters.
- No confined space entry for cleaning
- 100% Coverage.
- Saving of Water and chemicals – Recirculation cleaning
ISO Tank Cleaning System
ISO tanks are used to carry a variety of products over land and sea. These tanks need to be cleaned after every product delivery. The tanks have to pass strict tests before accepting next product. The products carried can be hazardous which would require cleaning without man entry.
We provide cleaning systems operating from 15 bar to 120 bar for this application which would ensure your tanks are cleaned without man entry Kindly contact us for more details and process on how to clean.
- Manual Entry
- High Pressure Cleaning System
- Steaming post cleaning
- 100% intemal surface cleaning
- Recirculation cleaning to optimise usage of wash fluid
- Multiple wash fluid combinations can be used depending on the nature of the cargo