Floating Suction Units
Floating Suction units are used to suck the top most product in a tank which is generally free of sediments, impurities and water. Since impurities in form of sediments and water have higher density they would settle at bottom of tank or would float at a level below lower density product. FSU units use this phenomenon to float near the top of the liquid surface and draw from this near-surface, contamination-free liquid.
Tristar Engineering manufactures floating suction assemblies for use in horizontal or vertical above or below ground storage tanks where little to no contamination can be tolerated. such as aircraft jet fuel We have over 40 years of experience in this field and we have designed and manufactured FSU system for multiple applications with varying configurations.
Our continuous improvement nature led us to question the drawbacks in the FSU system. the biggest problem with FSU is not knowing where in tank it is positioned whether is it moving along with the liquid level in the tank or not. This led us to innovate and come up with a solution live position monitoring system of FSU in the tank Tristar FSU system are unsinkable.
Floating Suction Units
- Tristar floating suction units are unique as they are non-sinkable, even if the floats get punctured the FSU will not sink. Generally, the biggest problem faced with FSU’s is that the floats develop pin holes after some time and let liquid enter once this happens, they will sink
- Another issue with FSU is that float position in tank is not monitored, it is generally assumed that float is at the liquicl level. It may so happen that the FSU unit is at lowest position and tank owner is not aware of it. We have provided solution to this problem by monitoring real time the position of the float in the tank. This was supplied to L&T for the Abu Dhabi Airport Project where real time location of the FSU-Mouth and Floats can be monitored which is independent of the liquid level monitoring
- Custom designed to suit the application based on the density of the product and tank dimensions.
- Generally used in storage tanks for petroleum and aviation products.
- Available for Horizontal and Vertical Tanks. Floating Roof Tanks.
- Designed and Manufactured for long trouble-free life
Main Features and Advantages:
- Custom designed to suit your requirements based on tank design
- Available in Carbon steel Stainless steel and Aluminum
- Standard Sizes 50 NB to 500 NB. Larger sizes available
Application Product wise
- Aviation Turbine Fuel Tanks ATF
- Kerosene Storage Tanks
- Diesel Storage Tanks Emergency Back-up Power Service
- Petrol Storage Tanks
Application As per tank design
- OWS Tanks
- Fixed Roof Tanks
- Floating Roof Tanks
- Underground Tanks
- Semi Buried Horizontal Tanks